Monday, January 27, 2014

Wizard World Comic Con, Russian troops for SYW, All the King's Men - next few steps

I was at Wizard World Comic Con this whole weekend. Brother in Law bought me and the wife 3 day passes for Xmas. Had some fun but found that big comic cons like that hold little interest to me. Everything costs a lot of money and there are lines, constant lines.

On Saturday I had gotten a Ron Pearlman photo op for my Dad, he's a big Sons of Anarchy fan. He arrived and my wife graciously waited in line with him for 30 minutes just to get in. I then took over and waited in line with him for about an hour and 15 minutes for the Ron Pearlman photo. We were in it together. Ron Pearlman was as nice as a person could be in 5 seconds of contact. Seriously, no slight against that man... cool as anything that can be cool.

I learned the fine art of photo-bombing. My first was quite by accident. I was wandering about after first entering the con (my wife and BiL waited in line while I went and got a coffee and pastry and sat at a table content with meandering in some time after the doors opened and not waiting in line) and accidentally photo-bombed "Bobba Fat". I thought, "hrmm that was fun" and began photo-bombing every pic I could. Some would say it's a dick move but so is stopping traffic of the con every 20 seconds so someone can get a picture of "Poison Ivy and her huge tits" or "Batgirl and her humongous tits" or "some girl in a costume and her frikkin tits".

Things I got with cash money:
USCM patches, W-Y and LV-426 patches, a Comic Con patch

TWD comic Rick Grimes piggy bank

I prefer TWD comic memorabilia more than the TV show. The TV show is great and I love it and all but the comic is OG and there is less stuff for it. Plus, I like the comic Rick more than the TV Rick. Also found a TWD (comic) Risk game. I can buy one at my FLGS though so I will do so there and support them. The game actually looks fun - some light acquisition mechanics and a lot of rolling attack dice and taking land... all mechanics I love in a board game.

Suffice to say I did not spend too much money. $60 maybe? What I was looking for was things that I could not get locally and support my FLGSs nor things on Amazon. The price was right for that Rick Grimes thing and the patches are hard to find, even on the netz.

I did see a merchant that put up a 9.6 CGC'ed Saga #1 for $225. I plan to get my Saga #1 CGC'ed now. I would like to sell it but would also like to get as much as I can for it. Great comic but if people are putting out that much money for it than I am totally willing to take said money.

Oh, we met this guy and my Wife bought the 451 t-shirt (Fahrenheit 451). He was low on the Baltor is my Homeboy shirts so I will get one later.
Enclothe is in Southern Oregon, having just moved up from San Francisco.

MY RUSSIANS!!
I did some white:




That's it for now. More coming soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment