Thursday, January 30, 2014

SYW Russians with another layer of paint

Going to be a busy weekend. Saturday is an afternoon meeting for my Viking re-creation group (currently Regia affiliated) and then a birthday party for my friend Chibbs. At that birthday party will be a bunch of board games, as that is the goal it appears, for us to play with. I will certainly blog about whatever game Gretchen and I end up playing.

Sunday is the Super Bowl. I'm a Raiders fan so no dog in the fight for me other than any connection I have to Seattle by living a few hours south of the place. Plus, being a Raiders fan, I hate the Broncos. I am not putting money on the game as I hope Seattle wins but I have a feeling the Broncos will take this one. For the record I am not too stupid to know that my team kind of sucks... they have for the past decade.

Here are some pics of my 54mm Russians with the last round of paint on them:
 Apsheronskiy, officer in green coat.

 Grenadiers, all in green coats.
 Same Grenadiers.
Observation Corp 1st Musketeers, officer in green coat.

The green I'm using is "emerald green" from Vallejo. I tested a figure with regular green first and did not like that shade. I chose this one as it is lighter and I think it will look different after I dip the figure in some Minwax for the protective coat and shading.

Also, my Val'Serkers are done, my female berserker unit for Saga:
 Just finished paint job, no shading.
 Shaded with Minwax Walnut poly-stuff. I dipped her directly into the can, brushed off excess, let her dry.
The Sisters, all together and ready for the table. Well, I'm going to flock the bases with grass.

Have a good weekend folks, enjoy the Superbowl if you are into that; if not quit your crying and go do something else. No one's stopping you and there is plenty to partake of.**

**I have a co-worker and someone I would consider a friend that just had a tragedy that would trump what most mopey people could not even imagine. He's a stone getting the job done and I'm putting things into perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment