Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Saga, bridge battle Vikings vs. Anglo Danes PART 2

I was down to one Val'Serker and a Jarl at The Right Bridge (now it's official name). All 12 of the Freemen warriors were slain.
Val'Serker was killed very unceremoniously leaving just my Jarl to hold The Right Bridge.

She got killed and Spencer's Anglo-Danes moved in to finish the Jarl... but WAIT!! I have a full unit of 8 hard-hitting Hirdmen behind the house backing up the Freemen holding off the Anglo-Danes at the bridge on the left (now to be known as Left-Bridge). 

The Jarl blows his horn praying to Odin that he will be gifted with enough luck that his Hirdmen will hear his call and respond. I spent a whole turn (Turn 3 BTW) to bring those 8 Hirdmen to the Jarl's aid so that he would stand with brothers over falling alone. Well... he had a chance to die with 16 other warriors already.

Those guys behind the house used up 4 activations and gained 2 fatigue to...

...get over here.

The Battle of The Right Bridge went on anew. I pushed through the Hirdmen and they did well but the dice were not with me again and Spencer's were, a deadly combo.
 I had the numbers and I had the attack dice.
 The fight was bloody.
After the first clash this is what was left.

6 Hirdmen and and a Jarl faceing an AD warlord and a battered warrior unit. Things were looking well for me. And on the left...

 My holding force got riddled with arrows (good dice rolls vs. my crappy "save" rolls).
 One Freemen left, he was finished off by those dang archers.


No comments:

Post a Comment