Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Customer Service accolade - Noble Knight

As I have posted recently, I'm putting together a Norman band for Saga. I had enough minis laying around that I could put together 4 of 6 points worth of that warband. I was short 1 crossbowmen (I had 7 of 8). I was looking around at my options and saw, on Amazon, that Noble Knight Games
Link to Noble Knight - Anhurian Crossbowmen
had, pictured, the 4 pack of "helmeted" Anhurian Crossbowmen, my collection of 7 being the later molded hooded version. I thought, "Whoa, these guys have the "rare" helmeted guys and would be perfect for my Normans!". Via Amazon I ordered one pack.

I get the package in 2 or 3 days and open it up and find it is the hooded figures, just like my other 7 figures. I wasn't all bummed or anything, just got my hopes up. The hooded guys will work just as well in Saga but some helmeted ones would have been awesome as opposed to pretty cool.

 Helmeted
hooded

I got over it real quick and moved on. A few days later I get a "rate this" e-mail from Amazon regarding the figs. The transaction was fine from Noble Knight but I mentioned the discrepancy in the picture  as opposed to the product and gave the transaction 3 stars.

Noble Knight catches a hold of this and sends me an e-mail, Rick is the guy's name. He asked what was wrong. I e-mailed him back and told him but made it known I was satisfied. He e-mailed me back today and said he wants to fix the issue. Obviously they don't have the helmeted guys, no one does (thus my initial shock in seeing them in their catalog). Reaper (the maker of the minis) has such a wide range and is, respectively, a small company as well and did not inform Noble Knight of the design change years ago. All this is completely understandable to me.

Rick, of Noble Knight, did offer me any mini pack they carry in the $10 range and would send it to me gratis. That is way cool and nothing I expected.

To diverge a bit, in one of my Pathfinder games I play a paladin 7 with a bow named Balder. He decided to go "mobile firing platform" route and is now pumping feats and skills into being a mounted archer. I have some horse/archer minis but they are GW LotR Riders of Rohan minis that are closer to 20mm than 25mm or even 28mm. I have spent the last 24 hours deciding on what direction to go with "Balder on a horse" mini. I did find a Reaper mini that I kind of liked for a representation of Balder on a horse - "Derek the Tall on horse":

Guess who carries this mini for $9.95? Just got confirmation it is shipping tomorrow.

Bravo Zulu Noble Knight Games.
I recommend this company.

Edit: to be clear, Noble Knight originally had the wrong picture up. If you click the link you will see they fixed it.

1 comment:

  1. Noble Knight is awesome, I used to buy all my Mecha!, Tales From The Floating Vagabond, and Mekton stuff from them. Good selection, and solid CS. Fixed a square-mat/hexmat issue back in 2004 in no time.

    --Jak

    ReplyDelete