Tuesday, December 9, 2014

End of the year thoughts, Holidays, Saga Normans vs. Welsh Battle at Fords

2014 is winding down. In hind site I realized I barely did any outdoor stuff this year. A couple camping trips and a couple day hikes but not much else in that manner. Going to have to pick that ball up again.


I'm hoping to get in some fishing in 2015, mostly trout and whatever little pan fish I can find. I don't know many spots so that's another thing I need to look into. I also want to try to get some "sport" fish like salmon or steelhead, will gladly pay a guide for that.

I didn't even get to go clamming or mushroom hunting this year. Combination of busy, lazy, and other interests. I did get them crawdads though!


2015, more gym and more outdoors.

Halloween is down, Thanksgiving is down, 2 more to go; Xmas and New Years. Looking forward to them. I've got family from out of town coming in that I genuinely love. Looking forward to Xmas Eve with them. Then it's annual Xmas Day at Russell's. He just got married so his house is full. Still, nothing beats Xmas at my brother-in-law's house. We start it off with breakfast at my Mother-in-law's, which is a tradition I love. Then we go to Russell's and open gifts, have a drink, socialize, have dinner, and usually linger too long. Luckily it's 2 blocks away from my place so it's not a bother.

Last year I took time off from work in between Xmas and NYD giving me the whole week off. I'm doing the same this year but I hope to not catch a cold like I did last year on New Year's Eve. Our normal NYE the past few years has been dinner at NoHos, a Hawaiian restaurant. They have their annual buffet, the owner flies in his family from Hawaii and they cook for the masses. They also have music. It's a good tradition. We usually stay in after that but since I caught a cold last year I want to go to a party this year. regardless, kissing my wife at midnight is all I really need.




Another new tradition I started last year was to get a Yule/Solstice gift for my wife and kid every year. It's like a smaller gift a bit early. I play like Thor showed up and stuck some things in the tree for my kid. Last year it was a foam Zelda sword. This year it will be some other cosplay sword for her to use and play with.

Last Friday the 7th of December I went over to Spencer's to get in a game of SAGA. Realized it was our 1 Year Anniversary playing that game. I bought some PBR tall boys to celebrate and we had a good game of SAGA Battle at the Fords, Normans vs. Welsh. It was a very tactical game, we played like old men play chess. Nudge, move, nudge, move. In the end it came down to points and the final score was 15 to 15, a draw.

No pics, no report really, this was just a game between 2 guys on a Friday night.

One thing I did pull from this last game though? Screw Norman Knights. Not worth the point. Mine get killed all the time.


Probably not my last post of the year but pretty dang close... the busy time is coming.

Regardless, I hope your 2014 was good, I hope your 2015 is better, I hope that whatever you're into you keep up and get better at, I hope you find new interests, I hope you learn to dump old ones that are just not interesting anymore. 

Thank you for reading-
-Gabe "ninja-elbow"




4 comments:

  1. Are those Oregon Crawdads? I didn't know they lived up here in the Pac. NW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. We've actually got some good ones around here. My wife is a southerner and she said ares look like lobsters compared to their's. Caught these in the Lower Nehalem towards the coast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. :) I knew what you meant ;) Hmmm, I know they have crawfish at buffet here in Olympia sometimes. I'll ask them if it's local next time. Peace

      Delete