Saturday, October 5, 2013

I actually have content to get out right now - More Saga Wargame... YAyyyyyy

Got them all built. Now time to paint them.

Again, I have been painting minis since 2002. It's a hobby I picked up reluctantly but had the need to do it. Always thought it was cool but it is a hard thing to do. Now, still mediocre at it, it is how I meditate. I paint them one at a time though. Need a gibbering mouther for a game session in 2 week? Blam!


New game, new party of mighty adventurers? Blam!


Pretty simple stuff.

For wargames you need to put out 20-200 minis, in specific patterns, with some uniformity. That's not bad but these are dark ages vikings. They had no real organized army or uniform so your color palette for a rag-tag band of Norse raiders would be a wider spectrum than space marines or Romans. You end up with something like this:

How I did this is not a secret or anything like that. I sprayed them all with a 2in1 spray paint (prime and color), then brushed flesh and brown leather. Then other details like hair (these are the old guys with bows... so grey) and gave a good coat of black on the bases. After all that I was finished with my base coat.

I used the putty tack stuff to stick them to a paint stir stick (free in a little bucket at the Home Depot paint encounter). Less fingers on the mini and I can rip out a few minis at a time.

Welp... this is good for the day. More pics for you as I know from some experience on forums and modding, "pics or it didn't happen!"



No comments:

Post a Comment