Thursday, January 22, 2015

Saga - Scots from Old Glory

A few months ago the Scots faction in SAGA piqued my interest. I'm still painting my Pagan Rus so I did not immediately source my Scots as I don't want to be painting 2 factions at once. I am in the Old Glory Army and I order from them once per month.

Last week I ordered 9th Century Scots with Spears and Command, cat # SVS-6 and they arrived at my office today. 


Most of the Dark Ages lines (or lines in general) come in 30 packs. You get 30 figures. I've built quite a lead mountain in the past 9 months ordering from Old Glory. Most of the time I only need 8-16 figures per pack and the rest are stored away for future use of any kind. I am even contemplating bring some to Enfilade this year for the Bring and Buy. I have never used a whole 30 pack.

I picked up the Scots Command pack thinking, "It's a good place to start. I'll but this and go from there." Well... I am very pleased in that I'm able to use ALL the figures in this pack and almost complete my 6 points of Scots for SAGA.

Here is what I got:

1x Warlord and 1x Bannerman

4x Hearthguard and 4x Hearthguard

8x Warrior

8x Warrior

4x extras which I will mod into 4x Hearthguard

Scots are spear-centric, meaning that the faction is hard-wired for the figures to have spears. I have some but will buy more next month. The only thing this pack does not provide is 12x levy with javelins. I spoke to my buddy Spencer who shares the Old Glory account with me and we're going to split a pack of Irish Kerns next month netting me my 12x peasants throwing javelins.

Good mix of shields on these guys too, from nice professional warrior type shields to small bucklers.

Thanks for reading and may your dice roll 60% in your favor.

2 comments:

  1. More nice OG figures - very underrated IMO. I particularly like that banner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The banner here is much better than the Viking Command banner. The Viking banner is folded in half to create a dynamic drape making it almost impossible to paint something on. The banner is also connected to the mini making it really hard to mod and cut off if need be. The Scots banner is flatter for design and can be cut off easily if need be and another weapon (a long spear) can be added.

    ReplyDelete