Monday, December 9, 2013

The Holidays are all up on us!

Happy Thanksgiving to those that do such things in any form yu choose to do it. For me it was football (Raiders and Cowboys), early dinner, meeting some quasi inlaws, and dessert at friends' home later that night. I'm a Raiders fan, been one since the late 70s. I spent a lot of Sundays, as a child, at gatherings with my Thai Mother (Wilivan "Juke" Martin, RIP) and our extended Thai family

"Black" Friday was a day in while the wife worked. My kid and I hung out and I tended to some house cleaning while the kid tended her room. I also got a few hours of Skyrim in - my preffered method of passing time in a relaxing and fun way when I can. I also did do a bit of shopping on Amazon, got the kid some of her gifts.

Saturday was a day of going to the DEQ to get new tags for the truck and... a Pathfinder Game!! We're in our second session of Pathfinder's Adventure Path Wrath of the Righteous and so far it has been great. Jason is the GM and there are 4 players - me, Brandon (my Rise of the Runlords GM), Ryan, and Jeremy.

I play a quasi crippled paladin and scion of the Crusades Aaron Marcovina - he is young and strong but not very fit for the "campaign life" of a crusading crusader near the Worldwound. His Father, General Marcovina, has justly placed him in an admin and flag officer position within the city of Kenabres - Aaron's leadership and intelligence making up anything he lacks in raw martial prowess. He's a good kid, knows his strengths and limitations, and harbors no allusions of grandeur. His policiy of making peace before war has marked him by the seniority in the past year.

The game has been fun so far, I really like trying to RP a lawful good paladin. It's not about being a dick, and all about being a hero that people love and respect. People should be happy when a paladin shows up and there's badness about. I play a paladin in the Rise of the Runelords campaign I'm in too but of a different style - more like a down home kind of guy. Really good archer and physically superior to most but barely a cup of brains and sense in his head. Good guy, just dumb. He's a bit maiximized though and can put out a ton of damage with that bow when he's got all the cards in play. Something like "1d8+12 per arrow, 3 arrows per round... this does not include magic bonuses and smite evil dragon/undead/outsider bonuses". He is level 6.

Half-painted mini of my paladin in Rise of the Runelords - "Baldur". Mason Thorward mini from the Reaper line, old school metal.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment