Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Pathfinder games

I'm actively playing in 2 right now - Rise of the Runelords (GM Brandon) and Wrath of the Rigteous (GM Jason). I play 2 different Paladins in both, which I blogged about some recently.

My last game was last Saturday, WotR. We got a good loot drop and leveled. It was very fun. Jason hosted and supplied us with pizza. I had painted minis for every one of our PCs. I also brought some extra minis for Jason to use as I have about 1 billion of the old DDM minis. Well... more like around 800. On top of that I will be painting more minis for the game as we will need fly demons and fire demons and poop demons... all kinds of demons as I am under the assumption the main baddies in this AP are demons.

With Reaper putting out the Bones line a few of my FLGSs are discounting metal minis to the point I can afford them. What was once a $30 metal mini is now a $12 metal mini. Goody for me. On top of that the Bones "large monster" minis are much more affordable at $8 or whatever they are which leads me to...

...Rise of the Runelords. I know we have some giants coming up against us soon. Brandon bought the boxed RotRL tokens set but I will be able to help him by fielding some giants. I'm not sure what kind of giants there are but I have hill giants, stone giants, fire and frost, plus maybe a cloud giant or 2. On top of that I've got a good amount of trolls of the normal/rock/mountain/ice kind. Plus a bucket of ogres. With his tokens and my minis we've got it covered. I did buy a Bones female cloud giant. It's kind of "sexy" but it's the only female cloud giant out there I can find in the normal spots. Will be fun to paint.

Next RotRL session is this Sunday the 22nd - last game session of the year unless we can pull one more WotR session out post Xmas.

Now, stop reading this and go see if any local stores sell mead!! Then buy it. No real reason, just enjoy some mead or wine or a nice cranberry juice and soda... whatever you like. Happy Holidays and may you never get mixed up in a scheme lead by Odin himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment