Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Shield and Spear – Portland Saga Tournament 2017


In October 2017 I am hosting a Saga tournament. 11:00 – 6:00, Saturday October 14th, at Guardian Games in The Level Up room upstairs above The Critical Sip.

Entry fee is a $5-$20 donation going to Horns for theHomeless, a non-profit I have been working with this year. Also accepted are new(ish) outdoor gear like socks and gloves, tents and tarps, backpacks and sleeping bags.
http://www.hornsforthehomeless.org/

Some tournament rules:
Dark Ages, Crescent and Cross, Arthur and Aetius war bands allowed.
Bring 7 points for your war band; you will be playing 6 points per game.
Scenario based score, 3-2-1 (win-draw-lose) scoring – no slaughter points.
Swiss Bracket; tie-breaker will be strength of schedule.
Scenarios will be revealed day of tourney; all of them will be from Core and Crescent and Cross books.
I will be playing if there is an odd number of players – I cannot win anything but I will play my best.


This is the basics for now – I might have a painting contest and I am working on prizes from local vendors or individuals only as I want to support my local gaming suppliers.

Since it’s still pre-Enfilade, no need to RSVP but I’d like that to happen. Keep up with news and developments here and on Portland Historical Wargames Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rosecity.Bondi/

Also you will find this advertised on the Ambuscade! blog:
https://ambuscadeportland.blogspot.com/2017/05/save-date-shield-and-spear-saga.html


I will also be handing out small handbills that look the same as the Ambuscade! post at Enfilade this year.




2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great event for an even greater cause. I wish you well in this endeavor. I would join in, but only played Saga a couple time - when it first came out. I'd be totally lost at a tournament.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! If I lived within driving distance, I'd be in.

    ReplyDelete