Monday, June 27, 2016

On my Bench end of June 2016

Currently working on:



Finishing up a command figure for my Pike and Shotte Covenanters. This figure is from the Old Glory Scottish Personalities pack, ECW-60
http://www.oldgloryminiatures.com/proddetail.asp?prod=ECW-60
I don’t know my English Civil War history as well as I should so I’m not sure who all the “personalities” are in that pack but I think this one is Lord "Sandie" Leven. The more I study the era the more he comes up so I decided to make him my first command figure out of respect for the guy. He was pretty impressive.

I do have some issues with the model though – I don’t like how the mustache blends in to the cheeks of the figure. I could not see this until after I painted it. Not sure if I’m going to do anything to fix it but I think it makes the figure look like a cat-man. The figure could do double-duty maybe? “Ol’ General Cat-Man” for Dragon Rampant?




Working on some Covenanter frame guns. My first attempt. Old Glory of course:
ECW-43




I picked up a pack of bikers from Old Glory a few months back:
http://www.oldgloryminiatures.com/proddetail.asp?prod=GRK-15
Human Bikers GRK-15
Why? I’m not in any kind of game where they could be used but I like them and, now that I have them, I’m looking into some modern games to use them in. That pack is pretty cool and, from what I’ve seen, the best way to get 10 bikers on your table.




As usual, I have some Vikings or some Dark Ages figures going. I’ve been wanting to replace my current Saga Viking Hearthguard figures with something new. I had the minis (various packs of DA Old Glory stuff). I based them and put them aside. The way I painted them was what I like to call “don’t waste paint” style – basically when I’m painting up something else I like to have some minis on the side that I can use up any paint I over poured onto my pallet.

I finished up the Vikings last weekend once they reached a point that it was just time to wrap it up. Twelve Hersir rank Vikings of some skill and renown. 3 points of Saga Hearthguard. Plus one lone Berserker.

Up next for “don’t waste paint” figures are another DA figure for Saga, I need a Warlord for my newly conceived Norse Gaels faction I want to play. Already have all Warrior and Levy figures covered and half the Hearthguard. Just need the Warlord and 4 more Hearthguard types and I’m ready to go.

Norse Gaels Warlord concept:







No comments:

Post a Comment