Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Saga - Pagan Rus headway

We have a Historical Wargames Day coming up (our monthly event at Guardian Games) and I decided to debut my Pagan Rus faction - that I have been yammering about for 6 months now!

I'm almost done with another point of Warriors, 8 figures total. I'm also advancing on my painting technique. I'm no pro, nor will I be in any contests ever, but this batch is making me happy.

Old Glory Rus with Spears and Rus Command packs:






Almost done, still some highlights to add, gloss and dull varnish, snow to apply to the bases. In the background you will see my ramparts and palisades I have been working on. The palisade fencing is Renedra. The ramparts are from Hallowed Ground Terrain and I picked these pieces up at the PNW Saga Championships as a consolation prize (luck of the draw really). The actual scale is 15mm for these but will work for 25mm. The palisade fencing included was a bit short, thus the Renedra parts.

2 comments:

  1. The Rus look good, Gabe. The ramparts are nice too. Are a couple of those guys in the third photo shirtless? If so, tough dudes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. I'm going to google Renedra now.

    ReplyDelete