Saturday, June 21, 2014

Saga at Guardian Games - much fun had

Last Saturday, the day before Father's Day, we had a table reserved at Guardian Games and had a Saga game. We also used this as an opportunity to promote the game and fielded many questions and let people handle our minis and terrain.

The first game was between some new guys. I lent them 4 points of Vikings and 4 points of Normans. I set up some terrain and let them go at it. Both are experienced gamers obviously and picked up the rules like a kid picks up cold viruses. This is them in the foreground, back ground was Spencer and Kyle facing off Anglo-Danes vs. Anglo-Danes.


Normans, after taking a good drubbing by the Vikings, won this one by a hair. Very effective use of ranged attacks.

Speaking of Anglo-Danes vs. Anglo-Danes:

I did not see the end of that one but I hear Spencer won it as Kyle left his Warlord exposed and forced Spencer's Warlord into a duel. Spencer rolled 5 hits or something like that. Warlord on Warlord violence... such a shame.

We took a little break, I had a few hard ciders offered up by The Critical Sip, Guardian Games' "tavern" within the game area, and we BSed a bit about general gaming stuff. The new guys left and that left me, Spencer, and Kyle. All that was left to do was a game between Spencer and I.

His Anglo-Danes vs. my Vikings. A grudge match!!


We set it up as per the RAW and got terrain laid out, mostly what you see in the middle. My grand plan was to get my slingers into the rocky hill in the middle for cover, force a major engagement in the middle with my 8 Hearthguard unit, Val'serkers, and Warlord doing most of the dice rolling.and warriors on the flanks coming in to pick off decimated Anglo-Dane units.

Spencer's big plan was to roll better than me and kill all my Vikings. His plan came to fruition and he took the day... again!


To close off the blog post - the grand pic of 2 Saga games going on at once:



No comments:

Post a Comment